Hello! On this page, you will find frequently asked questions as well as how to create an account to manage your subscription. Please use the contact form below if you have an additional question that was not answered here.
When will I receive my order?
First, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU ORDER! Seriously, we are so excited to send you your clean skincare goodies! Everything is hand-made by our CEO, Aimee, and is made to order. Once we receive your order, it will be shipped out up to five business days after your order is placed. *During the current Summer months and precautions for products melting, we will only be shipping out once a week on the following Monday/Tuesday after your order. If you have any questions, please email us!
Where do you make it?
We happily hand-craft every product in our in-house studio/office in Albany, Oregon.
Where do you source your ingredients?
We source our ingredients from the finest organic wholesale companies we can find. Everything is ethically obtained and mostly USDA Organic Certified. If something is not USDA certified, it is Wildharvested or Non-GMO and has not come into contact with pesticides. We clearly state on our ingredients listings what is not certified organic. We source from all USA companies, some of which are third parties that source from other parts of the world like the Netherlands (Beeswax) and West Africa (Shea Butter).
Can you do refunds?
Yes! We want you to be 100% pleased with our products! Please contact us here within 7 days of your order, fill out the form, and we will be in contact with you.
Do you do returns?
Unfortunately, we do not. Because of the nature of our products being personal skincare, we cannot accept any open or used items.
The texture of my balms has changed and feels a little gritty. Did it go bad? What happened to it?
If your balm texture has changed and feels gritty, have no fear! Because we work with all Organic ingredients, that is normal, doesn't mean the product has gone bad, and can easily be fixed if it bothers you! A little education on it: the fatty acids in the Organic Unfiltered Shea Butter all melt and harden at different temperatures. Those fatty acids can harden and create little grains but this is easy to fix (it's just how any natural ingredient products work when they don't have any chemicals or stabilizers in them).
How to Fix Texture (2 ways):
1. Take off the lid and turn the balm down until it’s below the lip of the tube. An alternative to this is taking out the balm (twisting all the way up until it falls out and then twisting it out of the small plastic part and putting it in a glass measuring cup with a spout and melting that way).
2. Put it in the microwave for about 1 min (adjust to how much balm you have left // less time in the microwave for less product, etc). The key is that you want to melt it all the way. I suggest watching it because everyone’s microwaves are different and you might have different watts than mine.
3. If you did the glass measuring cup method, make sure you put the plastic bottom piece back in the tube and twist all the way down. Then pour the melted balm mixture into the tube (feel free to twist it all the way up the lip if you want that smooth top). Stick it in the freezer for about 15 minutes until it’s solid and cool to the touch on the outside (not warm, completely cold to the touch).
4. Let it sit out in your bathroom counter lid-less overnight.
5. After doing this, the texture should be fixed!
How do subscriptions work?
Great question! To view our "Subscriptions FAQ" please click here!
What products do you recommend that you don't already make yourself? Deodorant? Body Wash? Sunscreen?
To view all products I recommend that I do not currently make, click here! (coming soon)